We are pleased to invite you to ECHDO’s 11th Annual General Meeting (AGM) which will be held on the 27-28th of March 2020 in Milan (Italy) at the IRCCS Policlinico San Donato University and Research Hospital. Meeting will be arranged in collaboration with AICCA - Italian Grown Up Congenital Heart Disease Organisation. Prior the AGM there will be AEPC’s psycho-social working group’s meeting (25–27th of March) and we recommend that organisations join both meetings if possible. More details about this meeting are available here.
The hospital can be reached from Milan by public transport by Metro/Tube MM3 Yellow Line to San Donato and by catching the following busses by exiting on the left once arriving at the station: 130, 132, Linea C – Blu, Linea C – Rossa. You will need the “Biglietto 3 zone MI1MI3” costing € 2,00 to travel on both the tube and the bus from Milan.
Milan is served by three international airports.
- Linate Airport (LIN), which is the closest to the hospital (11 mins by taxi). By public transport one can catch the 73 or the X73 bus from Linate to San Babila > MM1 Line to Duomo > MM3 to San Donato
- Malpensa International Airport (MXP) connected to the city by either the "Malpensa Express" railway service which goes to both Cadorna and Centrale Metro Station or by bus to the Centrale Metro Station.
- The airport of Orio al Serio (BGY), near the city of Bergamo which is connected by bus to the Centrale Metro Station.
The Annual General Meeting will be held at the IRCCS Policlinico San Donato. The hospital has a convention with the Hotel Santa Barbara, which is close to Linate Airport and the hospital.
Please write to: firstname.lastname@example.org in order to reserve.
- Price for arrival on the 26th and departure on the 29th of March: Single room € 255 Double room – single use (French bed) € 280 double/twin room € 300.
- Price for arrival on the 27th and departure on the 29th of March: Single room € 150 Double room – single use (French bed) € 170 double/twin room € 180.
Please indicate ECHDO2020 in the correspondence.
- Price for patient/parent group representatives attending the both AEPC psycho-social meeting and ECHDO Annual General Meeting, the prices for arrival on the 24th and departure on the 29th of March are single room € 465, Double room – single use (French bed) € 501 and double/twin room € 540
Please indicate AEPC2020+ECHDO in the correspondence.
In case you want to arrive before or after please enquire with the hotel about the prices since they vary according to the day of the week. These prices will be valid until the 17th of March 2020.
Other alternatives in San Donato Milanese, close to the hospital are:
Another possibility is to book more centrally in Milan and make your way to the hospital by metro and bus or taxi.
Program and registration
Attached you can find the preliminary program of the AGM and the registration form for the meeting. To register to ECHDO's Annual General meeting, finalise the registration form below or send the attached registration form by email to info(at)echdo.eu) until the 6th of March 2020.
Call of possible board members
There are currently two open seats on the ECHDO board. Please contact us if you are interested to join the board. Please note that at the time being, ECHDO does not have the possibility to pay travelling costs or other expenses, so the representatives’ own organisation or individuals need to fund travelling and lodging expenses to attend meetings.
Also this year we have availabilities for AGM bursaries. If the representative of your organization would like to attend the AGM, but cannot afford the costs, please send us your application, and the board will evaluate your request. Given our current budget, we can allocate a total of 1 000 euros for bursaries (5 bursaries of 200 euros each). If you would like to apply for a bursary, proof of economic adversity would be appreciated. Please note that the bursaries can be applied only by the active members of ECHDO. The board will finalise decision on bursary applications by the end of January 2020.
On behalf of ECHDO board,
European Congenital Heart Disease Organisation
Download for more information: